Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
I purchased both the guitar and piano chord dictionaries and use at least one or the other almost every day.

My favorite feature of both programs is what I call reverse chord look-up. By that I mean I tell a program the fingering of a chord and the program displays the name, or names, of the chord.

One benefit is once I know the name one of these dictionaries labels a chord then I know that name will be accepted by Band-in-a-Box.

Another benefit is that I can use the programs even while the computer is offline from the internet.

I have found that many people (not saying you, Jim) do not know about the existing tool in the Windows version of BIAB. Windows menu, MIDI Chord Detection is one of my favorite things about BIAB. Not only does it give you up to four alternatives for the chord you finger on a MIDI keyboard, but with a keystroke it enters that chord into your song.

It occurs to me I should check to see if the Mac version, with 2021 just released today, has this yet, before Icelander mentions it.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors