Originally Posted By: chulaivet1966
Regarding the 'abyss' smile....I'm 74, been doing this for 40 years and I still haven't landed on the bottom. (isn't that a reassuring thought for you smile )

LOL... um... ever so reassuring? Ah well. A lifetime of learning is a good challenge to accept.

I **haven't** been doing this for most of my life--dropped out of college--you might remember when they started firing music teachers wholesale and then shutting down the grade schools because "the baby boom was over"? There went MY career up in smoke. Spent the next 37 years silent inside, and the music only came back 7 years ago. It's been a challenge every step of the way, not least because my mental image of myself as a musician was a 19 year old multi-instrumentalist with speedy fingers and an impeccable sense of rhythm. OY that did not carry over! Beyond rusty!! OY! But I kept at it.

After a couple years I went back to school (theory made my soul sing) and probably would have graduated and gone on for my master's but I got cancer and had to drop out again. I had expected BIAB would let me pick up where I left off but sheesh, was I wrong. Still, I think I will eventually get it. Last night I tried the song I started this thread about with a different style (Drama Pop with Thump, lol) and was just utterly blown away by how right it was and how good it sounded. Now we're back to the weak link: I still have to sing it. A person should not have to deal with stage fright in her own dining room, but yanno... microphone. **eyeroll**

But I'll get there. I have tons of help from everyone here. It's going to work, maybe not on my timetable, but eventually, it's going to work.

Love is always worth the risk.

HP laptop; Windows 10 Home 64 bit; core i5; 2.40 Ghz; 8 GB RAM; 256 GB hard drive; BIAB 2021 Build 835.