Thank you, Mario!

I'm working on bar and chord settings now. Bar settings seem pretty straightforward, but oy, chord settings... they don't work and for the life of me I can't figure out why. It seems like a no-brainer to set shots or held chords, but so far they have zero effect.... oh, wait a minute, I'm wondering now if that's because I froze the tracks once I got a good sound? Maybe chord settings doesn't work on frozen tracks?

I made myself sing today, warmed up and everything... it was awful, really truly awful. Sheesh. My fingers are crossed it's because I put the recorder in a different place--the keyboard is usually between the recorder and me--evidently having it closer made a bigger impact than I expected, and in the opposite direction than I expected! But the good thing is that I managed to listen through the headphones while I was recording, so I had something to sing with.

And THEN (good grief, this DAY! This crazy day!) Audacity wouldn't accept the files because I brought them in the way I always do, pulled the card out of the recorder and used the card reader. So I put them on the desktop, discovered how harsh my voice sounded, and decided to check out the rest of the files on the recorder before I gave up for the day.... only to be most emphatically told multiple times that the rest of my files couldn't be moved because my desktop doesn't exist!!! This DAY... OY.

Love is always worth the risk.

HP laptop; Windows 10 Home 64 bit; core i5; 2.40 Ghz; 8 GB RAM; 256 GB hard drive; BIAB 2021 Build 835.