That is one long question... but I believe the answer comes down to how you use BIAB. I don't do what you describe of auditioning countless styles to see what sounds better or worse. My workflow in BIAB is short and simple. I use it for inspiration (combined with countless other inputs from my day). Once I have the initial inspiration for a groove or style I leave BIAB immediately and go to my DAW. I don't do what you describe of auditioning countless other styles to see what sounds better or worse. I leave that job up to what I can do with the initial inspiration in my DAW.

Now before you run off thinking I have discovered the miracle of music making. I am afraid I suffer from the same consequence you described :
Quote:
i often end up with 50 different styles and/or instruments/ nuggets etc i like , so i end up with 50 saved bb files from which i have to "cull the herd”.

I struggle fiercely with finishing a piece once it is moved into the DAW. But we all have our cross to bear in this life. crazy

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper