Hi Al, Ray and Ezekiel,

Thanks for commenting on 'Nice Time' and all your nice compliments.
They brightens up my day(s). They realy do!

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hey Hans ...
Welcome back! I, too, was absent for about three weeks. But, like you, I'm back.
This is a great song to reintroduce yourself. Loved everything about it. I think this is your very best vocal ... at least of the ones I've heard. Great way to put a little humor. And the harmonica was simply great! Congrats on a truly terrific song! Best to you ...

Alan

PS: Like several others have commented, I left comments on 5 or 6 songs 2 days ago and half of them disappeared. Hope this one stays.

Alan, great to hear from you again. And yes, this post stayed. Quite annoying if your comments disappear. And that made me curious what you wrote the first time...
But this post is very nice, 'best vocal ever', wow! As i said to some others; this will raise the bar for me in future songs. Don't kill me if I (sometimes) don't reach that new level. Just tell me.
I think it has something to do with a new mike I bought, an amp and I did a mixing course. Now I understand EQing (joke).

Originally Posted By: rayc
Hans,
each new song has your vocal performance taking giant steps forward.
Still a few too many effects but the strong voice carries the day.
It's a fun/sad story.

I notices as the song progressed that the 1st two lines of each verse and chorus had a REALLY strong melody that grabbed my attention.
Good mix - though the 2nd solo seemed to end abruptly - and a good choice of players.
Well done!

Ray, you mentioned it as well, my giant leap on the vocals. I'm truly happy with your observation.I really got a bit stressed with these EQ issues on my vocals some time ago. But it can happen again, Ray. Voices get older as well...

About that abrupt ending of the solo. It didn't. It started one bar earlier in the 2nd chorus and continues one bar in the bridge. But there other instruments fought for their space while the harp went low. I listened today to all starts and enings of the harp, because you have sharp ears, but I didn't notice an abrupt ending. Tell me where exactly and we will continue this discussion.

Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
Welcome back, Hans!
Love that harmonica.
Your vocal is strong and sounding good!
The chorus really stands out.
Good song and production!

Ezekiel, Thanks for your nice words. I was working on a difficult song and that took me a difficult one. To distract myself from it, I tried something else and that turned out to become this song. So it's excistence was a bit a coincidence ;-)

I hope you all have a nice day,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130