I used to use BIAB standalone back when I just wanted to practice jazz and improvising, blues soloing etc.

But when it comes to composing, music production and the rest - like so many others - ie the vast majority of music creators - we do this in a DAW.

DAWs - or if orchestrating - notation tools like finale or Sibelius - are the norm, NOT BIAB OR REALBAND.

Lets face it - hardly anyone is using RealBand for this. And in any case no Mac user even gets to use RealBand at all since it doesn't exist for that platform! ( and frankly I don't want it to. I like my DAWs! )

So given I will mostly be using BIAB inside a DAW and hence the BIAB plugin is the best way to access the benefits BIAB offers - please give us a separate Wishlist for the plugin.

I DO realise that if all I ever used was the plugin - I might miss out on much that BIAB standalone offers ( so far ) in comparison to the plugin - but I can live with that and the V3 plugin has so much more functionality anyway than when V1 came out.

Plus in any case - for those cases where I really need what standalone offers - I can just go to Standalone do what's necessary and then open the song from within the plugin itself when back in the DAW.

But I think it ought to be obvious - a given - that more and more music creatives - particularly those that have never used or never contemplated using or buying BIAB - are going to be using the plugin version of this great technology and not the standalone.

So for us looking too the future.... and I very much see BB Plugin not as some "extra" or fob off to those who pestered for a DAW plugin - but as the "next step" - please please pretty please give us a separate Wishlist forum for the plugin.

Otherwise what will happen is that feature requests for the plugin will be spread amongst the three existing forums - windows plugin, Mac plugin and BIAB Wishlist.

Last edited by nonchai; 06/10/21 05:49 AM.

Big Sur, Mac Mini i7 2018, 64GB RAM 2TB SSD
Yamaha PSR SX 900, Cubase, Ableton, UNIFY, OPUS ORCHESTRATOR, MASCHINE, Vienna Ensemble Pro ,Audiofuse, L6 HELI, KOMPLETE, Komplete Kontrol 88
Lockdown beard, podgy face, beer belly, bald patch ... yadda yadda