Thank you, guys!!! GOSH I aprreciate your support!!

I'm disappointed to tell you the vocals just aren't up to snuff. My rhythm's off just enough to make it sound out of sync. So this time I've made myself a new MuseScore with a piano and without the Ah Choir and the guitar part. (The Ah Choir was really tripping me up. Guess that just isn't a clean enough sound to sing to. 'Nuther lesson learned, eh?) I'll be able to stay in rhythm with a piano, and hopefully my pitch will be better as well----and once I've got the vocals recorded, I can rewrite that track for rhythm, bring it in as a MIDI to augment or replace the RT Piano in the style (which doesn't quite fit the mood of my song). And now I'm seriously considering using violins instead of background vocals because I like the sound better and the vocals are a little high for me. Hmmm... might even bump them up another octave!

Mario, I knew it had to be operator error because sometimes things worked right and sometimes they didn't. I just didn't understand that BIAB requires a certain order in the workflow--for instance, having to make shots and held chords before you freeze the tracks--and I didn't know to look for things being checked off by accident, like the MIDI drums being forced. My guess is that nearly all of what frustrated me so badly in the beginning was due to my not understanding the order BIAB requires.

Guys, the manual still reads like Greek to me so I'm just working my way through this OJT as best I can with all ya'lls help. **grin** I know I have a long way to go. Learning the techniques and how BIAB thinks is only the first step. Then I have to learn to mix and sheesh, I think that's gonna take some practice to train my ears to hear what fits and what doesn't. I know my song is too full right now; it should start fairly low key with a steady build to the coda but I'm already at full bore by the first chorus and it doesn't drop back as effectively as I want it to on the next verse. But then, I can fix that with a new piano part... and by dropping that rhythm guitar I was so thrilled with, shoot. Like the RT piano, it just doesn't quite fit. But that's okay, I can work around it.

Still so chuffed that I actually did it, start to finish. First draft! Now for some serious editing and revisions, and we'll see if I can come back all excited again with something you can listen to. **grin**

Love is always worth the risk.

HP laptop; Windows 10 Home 64 bit; core i5; 2.40 Ghz; 8 GB RAM; 256 GB hard drive; BIAB 2021 Build 835.