Hi everyone,

Contrary to what is customary here, I would like to write you something.
I want to tell you something about the reason choosing this subject. I forgot that in my first post about announcing the song.
Some said to me my lyrics are so personal, but that isn't the case. I like thinking or fantasizing about certain subjects, but that doesn't mean they are/were my problems. Like this song; although there are personal elements in it (I'm getting older too) it's not a song about me or self-pity or whatever. Not at all.

I read in the newspaper about obsolesence and how people fell or talk about it, young and old. Stupid enough, I didn't really know the meaning of that word. AFter reading the article suddenly I hear the word all around. Even my son sent me an article about it recently.

And maybe it sounds strange, but I liked the rhythm of that word. I decided to make a song where that word is in it. I wasn't sure if it would be in Dutch or English. But now you know what language won.

I'm also aware the song might feel a bit dark and maybe not the best choice for this time of year. But I think it's better to have a 'dark' song when the sun shines than when it's winter. Who knows what that might do?
And I was already working on some kind of waltz. The first lyrics were about politic issues. After singing that I felt I became too moralistic. Well and there the word 'obsolesence' came in... So, still a bit personal.
But, don't worry. Till now I don't need psychological help or assistance, only sometimes a nice post of the same kind you often wrote on my songs.

I hope that you can enjoy the song more now, after this explanation.

And in my next post I start answering your posts!
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130