Hello forum friends. Have been tied up lately with kids graduations, swim meets, parties, and a bunch of stuff.......I though retirement would mean nothing but time. Oh well, it's still good stuff! This is a song that was inspired when my wife and I spent a night in Sausalito on the SF bay for our 35th anniversary. The SF bay and Sausalito are quite magical to me. My dad had 3 boats thorough my young life and the times spent there are among my fondest memories. My dad's ashes were dispersed there about a mile from the harbor where we had our anniversary dinner. The weather was perfect and the scene of the beautiful water with boats sailing by is something I wish I could relive on demand. The next morning, before we went to breakfast, a melody popped into my head. It is not terribly complex or beautiful but I found it meditative, and the lyric that came to me was "by the bay". Years pass, things evolve (or devolve, depending on your perspective), prices rise, restaurants change names, properties change title holders, but sometimes there's a place where your spirit lives, and nothing can change that. Sausalito is that place for me.
Did not use a lot of BIAB tracks on this, only Brent's beautiful guitar (If I ever make any money on music, I will owe him a royalty check), and the Vancouver piano RT, one of my faves, played through a Komplete piano plugin. After that long-winded intro, I hope you enjoy. Take care all and be well! Greg

https://soundcloud.com/gjohnson-2/baybosespotf