Hi TuneMonger and Stefan,

Thanks for your very nice words on the song. I realy enjoyed them. I also like the song much (that's why it took me longer to compose it, find the right words and melody. It was also nice to see SoundCloud made it nr. 1 of the week for Rocksongs ;-)
'Nice Time' was also nr. 1, on Sing a song writers on SoundCloud, so I think I'm gonna be famous.
Don't you think so too?

Especially when I read you wrote it's one of my best songs...
But then I wondered how come I got only a handful of listeners? I thought maybe the topic was too heavy, or it wasn't nice enough. That went through my head all the time. I think Stefan would say not to worry. we all face this once in a while. Maybe there are too many good songs on the forum... I think he is right (if he had said this).

But I cherish the words you wrotre to me:

Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Yes, I think one of your best; it really hit home for me. Perfect amount of emotion in your voice for the subject matter. As the solo neared, I was thinking electric guitar but you surprised me with violin. Good job on all counts!

TuneMonger, I had to smile when I fooled you with the solo. But you are right on that. It is a rocksong so a guitar would be the normal choice. what happened was that at first it wasn't meant to be a rocky song and the violinsolo was already in it. Then I came up with the gritty guitars and suddenly there was a whole new dimension in the song and I liked that. And kept the violinsolo too.

Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Hoi Hans,
first of all: a marvellous package!

I've said it before: You really know how to use BIAB - this song is, again, wonderfully put together and arranged.
The dedication in your singing is amazing.

Yes, things change as we get older, peppiness and sturdiness are fading (and a lot of other things, too). And, yes, the younger generations are not too keen on listening to what we still may have to say, but I can well remember that we weren't that different. But all that shouldn't make us lose our ground Our ground is not what we used to have or be, our ground should be what (and most of all WHOM) we have and what we are NOW.

Let us struggle through our old days and still try to enjoy them as much as we can, we only got that one life and those remaining days.
Not so easy? Yes, Nothing's Easy Anymore !
But let's just keep on truckin' !

All the best,
Stefan

Stefan, as I wrote at the start of this post, you're all so kind with your compliments. and no, I am certainly not a master on BiaB. I learned a lot how to handle it, but I also know there is much more in it. And probably also things that could make my work more easier than it is now.

And of course you don't need to lose ground if you are convinced in what you are. But in a philosophical sense we both are right. One can easily gets uncertain when things change around him. And when you start your story with: "Well, in my time..."etc. look what happens ;-)

And have I told you I enjoyed that video of yours very much. You gave it to me once, with a lot more videos. A great video and a great song!

I hope you have a nice day,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130