Originally Posted By: Cathie
Originally Posted By: muzikluver
Thanks, too, for your compliments on this song. I'm glad you like it because, contrary to my producer's reaction to the original version that I shared with him, your positive feedback strengthens my case that this song is definitely good enough to include on my album.

It's an earworm kind of song--the opening of the chorus especially--and I think when he hears it with triplets on top and a straight accompaniment below, it'll make more sense to him.

I'm sure you're right because one of the things he insisted on when he heard my first demo was that it shouldn't have ANY tempo change or even a time signature change. Instead, he wanted to use fast-played instruments (like a staccato violin) to simulate the brevity of this life. However, the bridge lyrics are such that they demand some kind of increased tempo or, at the very least, a time signature change from 4/4 to 3/4. But besides this issue, the main objection that my producer had to the original demo that I shared with him was the random chords that I had chosen, which I knew needed some more work because I had rushed through them just a day or two earlier so that I could finish my "first cut" demo in time to share it with him during our next session that we had scheduled. Now that the chord structure has been improved substantially, I'm confident that he'll have a much different and more receptive reaction when I share my newest demos with him in two or three weeks from now.

Tom Levan (pronounced La-VAN)
BiaB 2024 Win UltraPAK Build 1109, Xtra Style PAKs 1-11, RB 2024, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Q9650 3 GHz, 16 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD & 2 TB HDD, Tracktion 6 & 7 (freebies), Cakewalk, Audacity, MuseScore 2.1 & 3.4, Synthesizer V