Hello Peter, Janice and Bud, Mario, Greg and Deej,

What nice posts you wrote to me. I feel flattered!
I will answer you all below this point:

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Hans
You are constantly improving and this is a very good song.
Enjoyed the production, write and performance.
Peter

Peter, that's what I meant with being flattered. Thanks a lot, man!

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
John, you are back!!!
Janice said she can certainly sympathize with trying to sing to an improvising lead smile
This is a power packed emotional ballad. And everything comes together very nicely as
it is very well written and performed. We love the arrangement and the mix showcases
it all.

"I accepted aging is now part of me
I even call it 'fate'
I accepted to walk another path
It only takes me time to find"

As Black Hawk said, "every man must make his own path." indeed.
Great band, vocals and mix.
Well done!
J&B

Janice and Bud, Yes, John is here again ;-))) That was a nice intro of a very nice post, J&B.
And Janice is so right on that singing problem. Yesterday I had to do a recoring again, because I started to improvise on my chorusses. No way you could ever sing along with that.

Bud, about Black Hawk... I only know this as an excellent californian red wine. And after a bottle I have difficulties fining my own path. So he is right.
Thanks a lot for your comment and compliments

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Hans, I agree with everything that has been said already.
Outstanding vocal - loved the effects
Great lyrics that I can relate too.
Super instrumentation and mix.
IMHO This is your best to date.

Mario, i was right by saying I feel flattered by your posts. And you are no execption on that too. The only thing: I hope more 'best to date' will follow. but keep me sharp on that! i like to learn.

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Darkly rich, or richly dark!! Very well put together! Love the ramp up and heavy guitars when they come in......a treat for the ears!! AND the vocal is excellent!! Nice work all around Hans!! Take care. Greg

Greg, I just wrote a comment on your recent song, BayBose, but you win in telling what you think of my song. what nice words. Thanks!

Originally Posted By: Deej56
Hans,
Lovely opening with that violin really carrying the mood. You’re vocal really fits the song and, as I listen, really resonates, with some cool backing vox. Love that electric guitar kicking in on that first chorus (fourth stanza of the write). A small nit on the write is that it strikes me that present and past tense isn’t quite consistent throughout the write, for example, the first verse after the solo, last two lines, where “I only needed to know” makes more sense given “So I tried and try”. Small point, which doesn’t impact the song in its totality. Really impressive work!

All my best,
Deej

Deej, what I said to the others above counts for you too, of course. Very nice compliments!
And I really appreciate you came with a suggestion for the lyrics. I like it when this happens. But I do not agree with you on it.

The lyrics: I thought getting older can also be nice
as it happens to all of us
I only need to know how to deal with it
So I tried and I try it, again and again

In these lines I still need to know how i can deal with how to deal with the aging problems. I tried it, and still trying it
If I wrote I only needed to know, that is the past tense and suggested I learned it by now. But I don't. (in the story of course)

Let me know what you think of my explanation.
I made some mistakes in my singing however:
'You say the past echoes in my words'is in the lyrics, but I sang You said the past echoed in my words...
But I left it like that there.

Thanks everyone and have a nice day,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130