Originally Posted By: Mike Halloran
Oh dear… Artist v Producer.

Good luck.

It would be more correct to say "Songwriter/Mediocre Guitarist v Producer/Songwriter/Artist/Multi-Instrumentalist" not only because my musical knowledge, skills, and experience pale in comparison to his (as I mentioned in my previous reply to your comment) but also because we definitely don't see "eye to eye" on this song. However, after wrangling back and forth on it for four hours during two separate sessions and an additional two hours on the phone, I finally agreed to let him produce it the way he wants to at a faster tempo (120 bpm instead of 100 bpm) with triplets for the vocals in the bridge and with only the second chorus after the bridge. This will reduce the song's length to around 4:30 instead of around 6:15. In exchange for my concession, he has agreed to also produce a version the way I want it at 100 bpm if I'm not totally happy with his version when he's finished with it. I'll have to pay for both versions, of course, but he'll give me a discount on the second version. So, it will be interesting to see how his version turns out. I'll let you know.

Tom Levan (pronounced La-VAN)
BiaB 2024 Win UltraPAK Build 1109, Xtra Style PAKs 1-11, RB 2024, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Q9650 3 GHz, 16 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD & 2 TB HDD, Tracktion 6 & 7 (freebies), Cakewalk, Audacity, MuseScore 2.1 & 3.4, Synthesizer V