Steve.
allow me to reply.
1. if you peruse many recording forums on the net...years back daw users were advised not to put their recording daw rigs on the net.
years back previous generations of studios small and large took it as a given.
why suddenly this is happening all over again..with renewed debates on the topic i have no idea.
ie useing same pc for daw and net. i keep my recording daw off the net. and havent had a problem/nada/zilch for years since i went off the net.
(i use a seperate refurb junker for surfing with anti virus etc. plus an amazon cheapie tablet i love for the net.)
people can disregard my advice to keep a daw rig off the net. so be it. but if people doubt me read lots of old threads about this topic on various recording forums.
2. if your presonus isnt multi client asio with its drivers ...
ie ability to run studio one asio and biab asio concurrently that might be a possible source of problems.
heres a thread where pg clarified some things....

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=661339#Post661339

as you can see these issues sometimes can be rather complex.

3. with respect steve maybe your previous version of biab
had different settings from your new version of biab.
if your old version of biab caused no problems..
unless there is a bug in the new version ; useing the same settings as the old one should work.
have you tried the WAS driver in biab ?
does that work ?
is the presonus set as the default device in win ?

4. you said quote.."I can run 32 tracks of audio in my Presonus Studio One loaded with Waves and other plugins and I never hear a crackle, dropout, pop, or skip. Presonus has a CPU meter and I am hardly moving the needle. "
this is good steve. i can do the same with daws i use...BUT in some respects it should be clearly understood the software codeing in an accompaniement program like biab is different to a daw multitrak software like studio one which has no real time accompaniement feature.
ie different beasts.

best.
ex tech OM..glad to be out of the tech craziness lol.

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 06/28/21 05:27 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)