The chord progression came from watching a video from some of my favorite YouTube music folks trying to make the Phrygian mode (one of the darkest of the 7 modes of major) sound happy. I putzed around with it for a while off-and-on, but the impetus to finish it came from the desire to "accompany" an action video made for laughs. This came to mind, so I finished this piece.

The main style is at 70 BPM, but I doubled the chord duration and the tempo and "forced" the additional tracks to just play faster.

I was on a mission to not spend so much time tinkering in a mix, so the entire session (rough production and mixing) took me about an hour in Reaper. That's NOT my usual modus, but I think it came out fine for what it is.

The results are a mix of craziness, danger, fun, fear and exhilaration. I'm pretty proud of it, but then again I am the weirdest person I know. I hope you'll enjoy it for the full one minute and thirty seconds.

Great Raft Race

****** Song Summary *************

Key Cminor (Harmonized to C Phrygian)
Temo 140bpm (From 70)

Style is _CHITTER.STY (Chittering Jaw Harp Swing)
RealTracks in style: 1411:Bass, Acoustic, CelticHornpipe Sw16 070
RealTracks in style: 3418:Jaw Harp, Rhythm FolkSw16Roots Sw16 070
RealTracks in style: 2206:Bouzouki, Rhythm CelticHornpipe Sw16 070
RealTracks in style: 1412:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm CelticHornpipe Sw16 070
RealTracks in song: ~~1048:Organ, B3, Rhythm Jazz Sw 140
RealTracks in song: 1374:Trombone, Older Sw 140
RealDrums [in style:BodhranCelticHornpipe^2-a,b:Brushes, Simple
and...
3495:Bass, Acoustic, OldTimeHappyDance Ev16 125
3368:Mandolin, Rhythm OldTimeHappyDance Ev16 125
3410:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm OldTimeHappyDance Ev16 125
3383:Fiddle, BackgroundSoloist OldTimeHappyDance Ev16 125

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground