Mario,

I agree. To that I would add: LEARN HOW TO SIGHT READ. It really helps to speed things up.

For example, if you have BIAB and you can sight read, and you just study a Brent Mason solo in notation, as one example, you can clearly see what is going on, and take a master class every day of your life. Or look at some of the acoustic players. It is all there in front of your face.

A lot of guitar courses don't seem to be about guitar per se, and remind me of a class I was force to take in church of all places, while I was in the band at a mega church. They had a "guitar clinic master class." The guy came in with a pedal board with like 50 pedals on it. He played no notes whatsoever but wanted to make sure we knew how to play a dotted eighth with a pedal.

When I told him I didn't need a pedal to play a dotted eighth he laughed and said that was impossible.

I said it wasn't, we played dotted eighths in classical all the time with no pedal.

He gave me a blank stare. And said that was impossible without a pedal.

It was pretty funny. Kind of like a Simpsons episode. Some guitar classes on line seem to have that vibe to me.

And I'm a cranky old man!!!!!

smile