Hey There,

I would highly recommend Guitar Pro.

It has a really easy to use interface for adding notes, creating scales, downloading exercises, viewing fretboard, tablature etc.

You can create C position or G position scales, as just one example, and spend months on just the key of C and G. (ascending and descending scales with low C on 5 string, low G on 6th.)

If you only do these two scales you will eventually memorize chunks of notes in the fretboard, and musical notation will become second nature.

You will also have an explosion moment where you finally see the fretboard math, and go "Oh I get it...." and smile, and all other scales become down hill sledding.

But, if you only know the key of C, you can still run Brent Mason solos in notation in the key of C and realize in an instant what he is doing. "Oh! He slides into the high E on the 12th string from the 11th fret and then bends up to the F. Clever!" Let me practice that a hundred times.

Also, Guitar Pro will import into BIAB if you save as midi. And a huge chunk of the world's rock and pop catalog is out there in Guitar Pro Land.

https://www.theguitarlesson.com/guitar-pro-tabs/

Just sayin'.

smile