Originally Posted By: Henry Clarke
Hi Charlie. Welcome back. Nice track and the vocals are spot on. BTW: Sounds like you used some interesting techniques in putting the song together. I never heard of "Spleener" sp. :-)

Thanks for listening Mr. Henry. Spleeter is a third party stem extracting program than can separate any song into as many as 5 stems. If you or anyone reading this post want to try it out you can access an online version. One site is https://ezstems.com/. The online versions are lower quality than the download versions and none are good enough quality for a serious project but it's a lot of fun to play with.

I inadvertently uploaded a bad mix on this song. For one thing, I left the bass turned way up after some editing. But, I haven't done a project in quite some time so things should get better as time goes on.

I appreciate you taking time to listen and comment.

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Charlie,

This is awesome! It sounds like it was recorded today... It's a great song and set of vocals, but the production is off the charts.

Excellent!

Bob

Thanks for listening. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Charlie

Nice work on resurrecting an old very pleasant song.

Sounds like it was recorded with the backing in mind.

Peter

Thanks. I always liked the song and had lost track of it for a couple of years. It was a fun project.

Originally Posted By: rayc
Charlie,
an excellent song - the two voices belong together and your tech savvy problem solving is always a great example to others.
Nice arrangement and package.

The bass is a little loud and seems to go out of synch from about 1.20 for almost an half minute. There's a pause at either end of that section as if the bass track was split & slid aat 1.18 long a bit then some snipped off at the end of it lopped off before about the 1.50 mark. There's even little notches in the Soundcloud wave graphic at those points.

Now if it was deliberate then you succeeded in building tension then resolving it but in an unusual way.

Thanks for taking time to listen. I enjoy playing around with old tracks and spleeter. The download version is much better than the online versions and don't have near the artifacts to deal with.

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Charlie,

Your duet with Debbie easily brings to mind Shelly West and David Frizzell. In fact everything about the song sounds like one of their hits - the lyric, the melody, the BAND... like it's 1981 again! smile

At times your vocal gets slightly overpowered by the bass guitar, so would have like to hear your vocal a bit louder and the bass a bit softer.

fj

I completely agree.

I had a flashback remembering that I like country when country wasn't cool. I wish country stations around here played more country like this song.

Great work Charlie.

I appreciate you listening. The bass track volume is a mistake. I did some editing and forgot to lower the volume and didn't catch it. At least we have the Users Showcase where this type and other genres can still be heard.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.