Originally Posted By: Mike Halloran
Originally Posted By: rayc
Originally Posted By: Mike Halloran

Could you ask that in English please?
My signature displays my hardware and the apps I use. What are you missing?
I am quite upfront that what I use saves me time. I bill for my time and the apps I use save me money. Audacity, Reaper and MuseScore (and Dorico, Overture, Notion, Encore — all of which I have licenses for as well) do not.
Why do I have to explain to you?

Mike,
your response is a perfect encapsulation to make my case for me. Making a list? Checking it twice? Are you gonna find out what's cheap & what's nice?
Clearly you like what you have and a fair dollop of sophistry helps almost anyone do the same. You're not persuasive: pedantry rarely is. You're not influential: harping rarely is. You're not able to accommodate the views of others without giving your considered opinion in a way that reinforces your self worth. Crikey, live long and prosper.

Clearly, you don't actually read my posts. That's ok. I'm not writing for you.

Mike, I think the problem is that you don't actually take in what other people write. Your post is pure projection flavoured with sophistry...(How about those grapes? Sour enough for ya?).
It appears, to me, you read others while deciding how to respond to/counter them. In other words you're reading of the words of me, for example, is an aggressive defensive preparation activity.
I am aware that you're not writing for me. That's easily divined as you are, most certainly, writing for you.
Your realm on the technical side of things is an important one and I do hope your efforts are fruitful. Sadly all science & knowledge needs the adjunct of good communication skills if it is to be embraced. That need, the ability to reach and explain to the grunt like me, is reasonably important.

Last edited by rayc; 07/03/21 01:48 PM.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe