Originally Posted By: rayc
Charlie,
an excellent song - the two voices belong together and your tech savvy problem solving is always a great example to others.
Nice arrangement and package.

The bass is a little loud and seems to go out of synch from about 1.20 for almost an half minute. There's a pause at either end of that section as if the bass track was split & slid aat 1.18 long a bit then some snipped off at the end of it lopped off before about the 1.50 mark. There's even little notches in the Soundcloud wave graphic at those points.

Now if it was deliberate then you succeeded in building tension then resolving it but in an unusual way.

Originally Posted By: rayc
Charlie,
Am I wrong about the bass synch? I listened again and the bass definitely has those two dead spots bracketing what seems to be an out of synch section.
I ask because I may well be wrong and am hearing as an error something you intended.
Given that no one else seems to notice I am willing to accept insanity on the group model!

Rayc, it wasn't intended to be late and I kept playing with the bass so it was also uploaded with the volume level set too loud. Not one my better mix jobs at all... It's been several years since I uploaded a vocal project and I was careless a bit. The BIAB MultiStyle substyle for that particular part dropped the bass and some other instruments so I cut/pasted bass parts from other sections of the song, put the project aside for several hours and did not complete the action when I came back to the project and all the while thought I finished that particular edit earlier.

What you're hearing is an oversite on my part before I uploaded the song. I appreciate you taking time to listen and comment and that's a good catch.

Charlie

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.