Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hello Charlie,

What nice you could retrieve that old recording and extract the vocals. You did a very good job on that.
Although I think to hear a tiny electronical sound in the vocals of Debbie, it's wonderful how you can give this song and vocals a second life. Love that!

I had songs I made in 1976. they were on tape, so I couldn't do much with it. I had to remake some of them, but that is much different.

about the song itself: it's a very lovely melody and nicely sung. I agree with others who said the vocals are a bit too soft according to the instruments (bass!). If you can fix that, you have a good song again!

Hans

Thanks for stopping by to hear the song. You're likely correct with hearing electrical sounds throughout. Spleeter does a good but less than perfect stem extractions and I process the stem with eq, manual silencing between words and several filters which catches most but not all of the artifacts. The download version of Spleeter does do a better job than the online versions I've tried.

Originally Posted By: Elliott Kayne
Nice song ... just some production suggestions: the vocals are hard to make out clearly, you may wish to sit them more up front in your mix and back off on the effects a bit. Good use of BIAB tracks.
Thanks for the tips and taking time to comment. I appreciate them. I made a few careless errors with this mix being rusty from taking too long between mixing and posting songs the last several years. Hopefully I'll get back into the groove quickly.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.