Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Great job on the vocal extraction and thanks for the details on how you accomplished it.

You two had a very nice blend.

As floyd said, "Your duet with Debbie easily brings to mind Shelly West and David Frizzell. In fact everything about the song sounds like one of their hits - the lyric, the melody, the BAND... like it's 1981 again!"

We really miss those years ... thanks for the journey back!

J&B

PS: Regarding the bass sync issues I've experienced the same struggle trying to sync RT's and/or RD's to some of our early recordings. We were an all acoustic band and when recording we had no drum track and we didn't always play to a click track. The variances are not really noticeable until I started splicing/shifting tracks and then I discovered issues everywhere and the variations were not consistent. After cutting and pasting and shifting seemingly forever I bailed on the project. I'm sure that trying to sync just to a vocal track would be even harder. The patience of Job I do not possess smile But a nudge of that bass section twixt the 1:18/1:51 comp could make for an instant fix.

Thanks for listening. I've used several different methods to extract stems but so far, I've the most pleased with the results from Spleeter. One tip if you ever try it out on an older track that's wasn't recorded to a click track is to utilize the Equalize Tempo feature of the ACW in the Audio Editor and extract that vocal stem to use in your project. It takes out some of the tedious cut/paste work. (I should have taken my own advice for the bass track) wink

Yea, I my focus may still be off a bit but It's enjoyable to be spending time with music again. I always have enjoyed working with Debbie over the many years we've been friends and she's retired now so maybe we can develop some new projects.

I'll surely revisit this mix but I'm not a paying member of SoundCloud so I can't replace this track. I don't have that many songs posted but getting a subscription may be a good idea for the future.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.