This is all about hardware security:

https://www.theverge.com/2021/6/25/22550376/microsoft-windows-11-tpm-chips-requirement-security

I'm not going on a rant about security issues but I'll say that in my tax business per a recent federal law and IRS regs I now have to have a security plan in place, have several levels of online protection and be able to prove it if one of my clients suffers an identity theft issue traceable back to me.

I know many here poo poo all this and that's great, I'm not preaching at anybody, I'll just say online security is getting pretty damn serious and it's really impacting business at many levels from government access to booking a flight.

TPM shouldn't be a surprise to any of you who know more about PC's and software than I do. They've been talking about hardware security and encryption at the CPU level for years now. If some don't care I totally agree, MS will almost certainly extend support for Win 10 beyond 2025 so you're good for many years. However, while I won't be in the very first group to update to 11, I'll probably be right behind them, it is a business expense which helps. Of course my current system being a 7 year old i7 failed, I've had it for 5 years about time to retire it anyway.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.