Hi Folks.
I know some of you know your way around electronics, I was wondering if you can point me in the right direction. Just to be clear from the start, for this setup I do not want a conventional or portable mixer. Scenario: an ipad + laptop with audio interface.  I want to use single headphones to audition both.

Ipad and laptop interface both have 3.5mm stereo outputs. Headphones also 3.5mm.  Smallest footprint is the key.  I know small mixer will do it, but I do not want to do that for this setup. Also I do not want to use input of the interface,  because it would require connecting a mighty breakout cable. If I use a plain, "passive" multi input splitter, the sound will bleed and distort (clicks) the output that comes from the pc interface to headphones. 

Is there a discrete splitter or adapter that would prevent sound/signal bleed?  I do not care for adjustable volume levels of the mixer I can adjust these at source. This is not for recording or anything remotely professional., just  so I do not plug / unplug things 100s of times.  Not even sure what I should look for to accomplish this... Hopefully nothing powered...  some sort of inline filter? The simpler - the better smile

Thank you in advance.