Hello Derochette,

In a reply on a post you said this kind of songs are maybe not suited for this forum and you were thinking of withdrawing it.
Why was that? I didn't read any comments on it, but I kept wondering why you said it.

And there is a reason I'm asking it. Your music is certainly not 'middle of the road' music. You make complex emotional melodies. They can or must be used for 'heavy' movies. Like this beautiful song. One can easily hear your music in combination with events you wrote it about; the loss of friends. Or more broadly; live and death. Not everyone likes these kind of songs, but that counts for far more songs. That must never be a reason not to have them on this forum.

It's the art of making songs (with the help of BiaB) that is what it's about. I read how you make the kind of sounds for the strings or harp or even guitar out of midi meant for other instruments and I like that. It even gives me ideas I can try out.

But whatever, I liked your song very much, just like that Gentle Wolf song. Well... only as long as you keep telling me how you alter the instruments, the midi and that sort of things. Deal???

Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130