Hey Dave, David, Ghostgum and Tangmo,

How nice of you to come with these nice comments of you. It underlines a growing feeling in me the song wasn't that bad! But is it my best song ever. I don't think so. That song will have to come one day. But this song is one the path to that one. And all that with your nice support. I will answer your post individually under these words:

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Man, your music just keeps getting better and better! I wouldn't change a thing, really well done, Hans smile

Dave, loud and clear! Thanks, man.

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Hans, this has a really great mix. Loved it. Super job on this man. Excellent guitar tones.

David, also loud and clear. Thanks too!

Originally Posted By: Ghostgum
This song has plenty of drive and energy without being frenetic. Although this is a genre I rarely listen to, it kept me engaged from start to finish. A sagacious choice is instruments used to great effect and, as FJ said, probably one of your best and certainly worth the effort you put into it.

Ghostgum, I appreciate you took a listen to a song in a genre you don't really like. Why did you do it then? but about your comment, I try to avoid being frenetic by singing a bit slow, not many words in one line, things like that. I learned from Robert to avoid unnecessary words. My problem was how to get clear lyrics on a difficult topic within 4 minutes. I don't think I succeeded, but I did on the song according to you. Thanks for that!

Originally Posted By: Tangmo
DANG! First off, wonderfully put together. If you did all those rhythmic changes in BiaB, you need to teach. This grooved just great when it grooved, but it went several notches up with all those groove changes.

Speaking of Rhythm, the voice was really in the pocket as well. Your hi-eq'ed growl is probably my favorite around these parts. There were a few moments when the bass (or low toms?) stomped on it more than I might have expected, but all-in-all the power of this thing pumped out that theme of defiant optimism. A real fist pumper that I can feel clean through me. Outstanding.

Tangmo, you put a lot of effort in your answer to me. Thanks! The word that caught my eye for some time was 'DANG'. Then the word(s) groove and of course what might went wrong with the bass or bassdrum. I think I stay with DANG :-). No, I'm really glad with your reaction and the nice compliments. I hope more people will listen to it. I didn't hear the 'anoying' bass sound though.

So thanks everyone and watch out with Delta!
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130