Hi MIsha,

I downloaded a few of the software's apps to one of my ipads. Sort of fun stuff to mess around with.

Pocket Comp was one that had some rhythm ideas. I can more or less play any chord I want on the piano. I sometimes look up some that I don't remember.

When I write something I start out simple and then latter add more complex chords.

I have used many ways of creating songs. If I am just fishing around for a new idea I listen to drum lines and then play the bass part which more or less defines the chord structure. I almost always use a click track.

Certain chords convey in general a certain feel or mood. As I have said before I generally try to stay in key and have a certain dislike for songs that go all over the place key wise. I take things out of key often enough but not with out a reason.

Your chord progression can safely venture out of its scale by adding a non-diatonic chord, which is a chord that contains one or more notes from outside that scale, as long as that non-diatonic chord still contains at least one note from that scale.

You can also use a chord that is out of key because it has been done so many times before it just sounds correct.

Understanding music theory will make the apps more fun to play with.

Sometimes with BIAB I will type 8 bars of chords and if I like it I will save it before BIAB has a chance to screw it up...lol

The best money you can spend is to get a small keyboard to hook up to your interface. One with drum pads makes it extra cool. There is a ton of free keyboard VSTs you can load in you DAW.

Billy

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo