Hello;
I am using PT2021, 64 bit Build 4 on a Windows laptop but this has been a problem with earlier versions too. My issue is that I am using PT with my Casio PX-560 keyboard and would like to hear sounds I have recorded using the voices generated in the keyboard, not the computer. I have used the keyboard MIDI appendix to determine the desired Program Change and Bank (MSB) and when I use the Send option in the Patch Select Dialog menu option, I get the correct sound from the keyboard. After clicking on OK in the Patch Select dialog box, I see the specified instrument in the Track list and hear the correct instrument. The problem starts after I record something; on playback, the instrument I hear is always a Piano voice. Even if I change the track to a different patch, I still only hear a piano voice.
I have reached out to PG Music Support regarding this and have had little response from them. They suggested deleting the ptw.ini and ptpa.cfg 64 bit versions. This made no difference. Despite reporting this to them a week ago, I have heard nothing more from them.
I am hoping that one of the wizards in this forum might have a suggestion how to get the track-specified voice that I hear before recording. Any help is appreciated.
Barry