I will piggyback on this, though what I am about to add probably belongs in the Wish List area, but it's time to get some new players to do the real tracks. I don't know how well the artists are compensated, but I saw Covid as a great opportunity to recruit some "newer thinking" studio players to provide tracks. They had no work. Touring artists as well. This comes from someone who has no idea about the parameters of how those people provide those tracks, but man, Paul Franklin, John Jarvis, Brent Mason.. it's all same old. I see a real need for new blood in those Real Tracks. It may just be too expensive, but 18 months went by when those guys weren't busy.

A related story. Just to be a clown, which I usually am, I sent a Tweet to Eric Marienthal saying "Hey thanks for providing the sax solo on one of my songs." He Tweeted back something close to "Who are you?" (I cleaned that up) and I explained that I used BIAB/RB and I pieced together a solo based on the snippets he supplied to PG. He responded "Oh man that was SO long ago I barely remember doing it." That kind of sums up what the OP addressed.

2021 now.

How about this?

How about some Matt Finley trumpet tracks? Some Dave Snyder guitar tracks? Some Notes Norton sax tracks? Some Herb Hartley? Some Roger Jackson? Each of those people play very well with a flair and style that is unique to them. Herb did a solo for me that was like Carlos Santana coming to my home. Rog has a lot of bluesy taste. Matt plays his Latin rhythm chops really well. (His CD was great, BTW.) Dave plays every style (And has a WICKED sense of humor!!) and his work has a certain "playfulness" in it.

Salt and pepper are great on chicken and eggs (no matter which came first) until the first time you try smoked paprika!

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.