Beatmaster,

Please correct me if I'm wrong. As I read your initial post you present two points:

Point One:
Quote:
Just cancelled my cross grade to 2021 mac version , I hope by now i can give a a view to my honest opinion without being shot down (I'm ducking anyway ). I know utility tracks etc. have been added and so on!. but sorry its the same old, same old styles patterns!
I've read and reread this multiple times and come to the same conclusion, you expected the styles to be different between the Windows and Mac programs. I don't think that is what you mean.

What I suspect you mean is you've used the Windows version in the past. You decided to cross grade to Mac this year. You don't like the new for 2021 styles and wouldn't like them regardless is you had purchased this year's Window or Mac edition.

Point Two:
Quote:
I don't think the age group on the users of Biab is an Issue , i believe its stuck in its core as in when it was produced / commercialiased to a software programme .

I understand that to mean you believe the core program has stagnated.

I'm not convinced the program has stagnated. I believe the program has been added on so much that it has become complex and difficult to enjoy or use to it's maximum potential.

Several other forum members have mentioned they want more musicians making RealTracks. May I suggest people look at UserTracks and Performance Tracks as a way to add variety to their audio productions? UserTracks and Performance Tracks allow anyone to create custom audio tracks that will work in Band-in-a-Box or RealBand. UserTracks work best for rhythm or background tracks while Performance Tracks are the perfect tool to use for riffs, melodies or solos. If a user knows what they want, but is unable to play it themselves, they can take the money they would spend on an annual upgrade or RealTracks set and hire a musician to record the part. Once they've created the RealTrack or Performance Track they can offer the part for sale and recoup some or all of their investment.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home