Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
There are two schools of thought in this thread, 1) BIAB is getting a bit long in the tooth and needs an infusion of new blood, and 2) the possibility of BIAB is limited only to ones imagination and creative talent.

I believe both schools of thought are correct.

For #1 - I think BiaB is falling behind other music generating software. Having limited time signatures, not having the ability to put chords on 8th or 16ths notes, not having more contemporary RTs or GUI are just a few examples.

For #2 - There are a number of forum members who are taking BiaB to the outer limits of creativity. Some are doing amazing work with RTs and/or MIDI.

My experience with RTs is very limited so all I can say is that there are a number of companies issuing loops that can be cut and pasted into songs. Thus there must be a big market for that and that could/does take revenue from PGM.

I know for a fact that BiaB is far behind others on the MIDI side. SuperMIDItracks (non-quantized tracks) are the norm outside of the PGM world as are the examples in #1.

YMMV

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware