As my aftermarket knee proves, this topic applies to both instruments and people, so this should cover a lot of ground.

Here in Ohio we have almost NO place to take in a knob to find a replacement because you lost 2 of the other knobs. Radio Shack, and Olsen's way back, were the go to places, but Radio Shack is gone. Plus, how do I order knobs online? I don't know what to measure and how to describe what I need to some clerk on the phone that was not yet born when the Korg KMX-62 rack mount mixer was made that needs 7 new knobs because not only is one missing completely, the rest of them (6 channels and a master volume) are missing the little center disc that has the index mark on them. I have zero idea how I am going to find knobs. This mixer is from 1988. And funny story, I bought it in 1988. In 2017 I used it (and the matching EQ) as trade collateral for a case that was the right case for my Applause acoustic. That guitar and case went to the same local shop for resale, and when it was sold I got enough money for them that allowed me to buy the rack pieces back from the guy and get a used 6 space rack in the deal. I can't even wrap my head around if that was win, lose or draw on that deal that spanned 4 years.

Radio Shack, how I miss thee.... There used to be one every 37 feet. Now the places that have a Radio Shack signs just have a handful of stuff with their labels. AND there's no guarantee they ever had this exact knob. Where's Billy at? He's a builder! Where do I buy parts and what do I have to measure?

Guess what I am doing tomorrow? Going to places to get suggestions where to look for these knobs. It may be as simple as asking the people where I am taking the mixer to get the stereo pot that snapped off WAY back when replaced. Thanks, roadies...

Last edited by eddie1261; 07/25/21 11:18 AM.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.