Hello Floyd, Bob, Mario, MusicStudent, Torrey and Nigel,

Thanks for your compliments on the song.
A few times (again, as you say) my best ever and even my best mix!
Well were will it end with all those well meant feathers. I start looking like a kind of turkey!

There is one thing I want to say here. I am amazed only two of you express their compliments also on the Soundcloud page. Is it a bit childish or weird to notice? Or is it getting outdated to leave messages or likes if you like that song? I always do this, but maybe that is weird too. I am not a vain person or anything and can easily live with criticism or not getting any remarks (if my songs are bad), but this behaviour feels weird to me. I hope someone can explain it to me.

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Hans,
Another excellent song.
A really good arrangement/production. Nice use of stops. Good choice of instruments.
Excellent vocals! Your best ever, I think. Harmonies are good.
Good song. Solid lyrics, nice melody.
Excellent mix - also one of your best!
Much enjoyed.
fj

Thanks Floyd! These are very nice feathers for me! I do my best to come a bit closer to your skills ;-) But maybe you can explain?

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Hans,
This is really excellent. Love the instrument choices - your vocal and pacing is great in this. Love it when you push your voice - lots of color there.
Loved it!
Bob

Well Bob, that is very nice of you to write! And thanks for your comment on SC too!

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Hans, this is your best to date IMHO.
Great vocals, harmonies, and lyrics.
Outstanding backing tracks and mix.

Hi Mario, I really appreciate your very kind words (and feathers too!). But can you explain my remark above?

Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
Nicely done. Love the Sax.

Hello MusicStudent, I believe we never 'met', so thanks for dropping by. I am glad you liked it, but i have the same question for you.

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Nice bluesy vibe in this song Hans! Excellent vocal again! Really good song and I really think you did a great job using the stops at different places in the song! You've got a great voice for these type of tunes! I always enjoy your work! Thanks, Torrey

Hi Torrey, thanks a lot for your words! Make me feel good. One day we sing along, ok? And thanks for your comment on SC too!

Originally Posted By: NigelSpiers
Hi Hans,
Yes - I also enjoyed your song from the beginning to the end.
Song - nice chord progression.
Lyrics - innovative and always interesting.
Vocals - I thought they got better and better as the song went on and I got used to the effects on your voice.
BV's - yes they work - maybe a touch loud.
Sax - the right volume but I think it needs a good dose of Reverb - it is a bit dry.
Mix - very very good - lots of light and shade and full of interest.
Look forward to hearing more of your work.

Best Regards
Nigel

Hi Nigel, That was a good thing to do! To write in separate lines what you think of severall aspects of the song. Floyd does a bit the same! and I listened to you. At first the reverb on the sax. I had a reverbproblem in my mix and turned off everything with a reverb. When the problem was solved I switched everything on, but forgot the sax. It is solved now. Like the bg-vocals; a bit softer. So thanks a lot for that. Beside that, I have the same question for you, I started with. I hope you can reply.

So thanks everyone and beside my little issue I brought up here, I still am very happy with all your comments. I learn from it and enjoy them.

Have a pleasant day,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130