My process is probably unkind to RealTracks.

I usually come up with a progression or riff on a guitar. I sort that out in terms of chords and enter those into BIAB, (early on with BIAB2011 I'd use the chord wizard but it's far too fancy and complicated now), I use the Style Picker merely for a related feel. I finish the structure of the song in BIAB and then focus on finding THE RIGHT drum arrangement. This is important as the RealDrums are the reason I have BIAB in the 1st instance and are the thing that I get from it that other programs and midi don't offer..real drums and real feel that are real good, (yes, lots of EQing, tweaking and stuffing about but almost always better than programmed ones).

I then use the VST DAW PLUGIN, (gone are the slightly more laborious days of exporting individual files and inserting them), to pull the drums and accompanying tracks into REAPER.
In there I replace everything I can, starting with bass, with tracks played by myself or other folk who are happy to collaborate.

I'll often then search, if needed, for RealTracks that are suited to how the song is developing...B3 Organ usually...that I can't play or get done. This is after the style/tone/feel of the track is established in the DAW.

I don't opt for soloist as a rule. I have kept a soloist track about five times to date. I have trouble fitting the sounds and style of BIAB guitar solos into my songs. For example - every Brent track I import sounds awful in my stuff. There are, however, a couple of players, rather than styles etc., that I'll look at frequently and , if nothing else, take ideas or sounds from them rather than tracks.

The style selection process is a bit hit n miss though. More often than not a song or artist I am thinking in terms of isn't listed and when they are it's all to common for the associated style to be far to generic to really match. Even more reason to focus on drums and fill in the blanks.

ReaFir is pretty cool but it leaves artefacts of its own easily enough. Any "fingerprint" process must do so...Spleeter included.

Biab is, now my drafting tool and drum supplier. It does other stuff but I don't use those aspects ofetn. I know there'll come a day when my fingers will be much less useful than the pathetic things they are now and I'll, doubtless, use many, many more RealTracks.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe