Hello, David, Dave, Janne, Derochette and Mike D,

Thanks for dropping by and commenting the song. I will discuss each post individually, so dont worry.
The overall impression you gave me is the song sounds good. That is the nice part for me!

Originally Posted By: dcuny
Nice blues! I didn't expect the strings, which were a nice addition.
Clever idea, well done.
Sax sounds good, as does your voice.
I like the occasional breaks - really effective.
Thanks for reminding me to comment on SoundCloud - not a habit I've developed yet.

Hi David, thanks you gave your opinion on SC too! I hope you can make it a habit. I do it with all the songs I like.
About the strings, well I like strings, or synthesizers with aan orchestral sound and it felt ok to do it in this song. You can't do it with all Blues. Ask Dave! And it is interesting many posters, including you, mention those breaks. In earlier songs I used them more often, because it gave accents. The downside was it breaks the tempo of the song as well. In this song it was more functional, indeed.

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Very good, Hans, great vocal as per usual, and great sounding track too.
Well done!

Hello Dave, I'm glad you didn't mention the amount of fx I must have used in the vocals. As far as I know I didn't use much. Maybe i was a bit hoarse or something, but you had no problems with the vocals, and the other instruments. Thanks!

Originally Posted By: jannesan
Good classic blues. Your songs seem to have a twist in the end, usually positive, cats come home and elevators go to the sky smile that's good songwriting, hopefully I will learn that way too. Good vocals, sax fits very well.
Janne

Ha Janne, I had to smile about you mentioning these 'happy endings' in my stories. some years ago I saw a very nice documentary about Paul Mc. I heard he always did that in his songs. I looked at my songs and saw most of them didn't have these 'happy ends'. In the catsong it was by accident that kind of ending. I nearly had finnished the song in where the cat was dead, but then he entered the house live and sound. So I had to change that end. And in the blues it was intended to have that ending. I am still having a very good marriage. I have a very good imagination too...
If you have that too you will write the stars and the moon into your pocket!

Originally Posted By: Derochette
Hi Birchwood,
The sax is excellent. The melody very catchy and well performed. The composition is excellent. Well done.
Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

Hi Derochette, it is nothing compared with your complicated, but very nice sounding music. I only think my vocals are more present than yours ;-)

Originally Posted By: cubanpete
Great song all around as usual!
Mike B.

Hello Mike, I was hoping you would come around too on this kind of song. After all, it's more your natural habitat! Thanks!

Have a very pleasant day,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130