Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
biab-user..
lets get to the nitty grittys..
in a tech sense i would never try useing any fancy plug in in biab unless i had a really "beefy" pc with high speed ssd's and lots of ram. i use only low cpu useage plug ins in biab.
if i was useing threadrippers with ultra fast ssd's and a excellent audio driver device like RME and getting low RTL different story.

i have questions..as no details of your rig were given.
1. whats your processor ?? and whats its rateing on cpubenchmark.net ? i recommend at least a rateing of 10000 particularly for daw work useing lots of traks and plug ins etc etc... also in rb action>>>>test audio performance how many max traks does rb report ??
(just another clue on your rig.)
2. whats your sound device ?? cos your getting feedback.
check you dont have INPUT MONITORING checked somewhere ..
eg i think i remember i was getting feedback once useing a fancy schmany sound device with input monitoring set ON. for example you might regularly use IM in whatever
regular daw is being used..IF SO turn off IM when useing biab. see if feedback goes away.
3. you say all is fine in rb ..right ?
so please post a pic of both your rb settings as well as your biab settings for whatever audio device your useing please. so intelligent comparisons can be made.
therein might lie the clue.

as ive said many times before...both biab and rb need (like in reaper and other daws...) performance reports on plug ins as to processor useage . otherwise low power pc's will bog down once plug ins needing lots of processor or ram or disk resources are loaded.

best
old..nerdy...muso

ps..dan ..yep you got a i7/7700 a just under 9k rateing
on cpu benchmark if i remember.

Hi. As already explained, the feedback is internal. No audio monitors and headphones are NOT ON.

There is no Input Monitoring activated anywhere.

The system is an 11th Gen Intel i7, 16GB Ram 1TB SSD.

I actually use this machine to record 16 simultaneous tracks Live in reaper for a Big Band and run a Bass and guitar DI in reaper, applying Helix Native amp and effects and returning the tracks back to the XR18 Mixer. All of this without any problems. The CPU is well under 10% usage. I also mixed over 75 tracks with each having several VST's in each track. Again, no problem in Reaper.

I am confident that the system can handle Audio.

The Audio clipping and feedback happens inside BIAB as Kontakt 6 show the correct metering movements, when BIAB meters show the feedback. When there is audio Spike\Overload, when loading a file with Kontakt plugin, the overload shuts down the audio in BIAB but pressing the spacebar to play the song, the meters in BIAB, show no activity but Kontakt shows the meters action moving as normal, and the arranger show normal bar movements.

Here are a couple of images of system specks.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
System Specks.png (100.72 KB, 26 downloads)
Realband maximum Tracks test.png (52.18 KB, 26 downloads)