Hello Will, Misha and Ray,

Took me some time, but hear are my reactions to your nice and kind posts.
I think the post from Will is very good. You give compliments like 'a pleasure to listen to', where Misha and Ray say -kind of- the same, but continue on other parts...
But before you reply in an angry mood to my post; I'm just saying, ehh, teasing. Yes, that's the correct word teasing.
But thanks a lot for listening, leaving a comment on SC and your post here.

Originally Posted By: Will Josef
Hi Hans,
Great song! I'm in love with how your vocal/voice sound... it is just such a pleasure to listen to.
I think you did a very good job with this track!
Will

Hi Will, this is a very nice reply on the song. I read it to my wife and one of my sons. They also think your compliments are very nice. but at the same time they became uneasy. They never said these thing to me. You see what bad people these Dutchies are? And I have to live with them to make these kind of songs! Thanks Will!

Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Hans,
Successful tune for sure. Free flowing. Very nice and unusual chording. Neat stops and harmony magic. Solid write in all respects. The only minor thing I believe is vocals are a bit over fx'd. For example you sax parts are way dryer than vocals. I personally like saxes more "airy" than vocals, but that is only my opinion. In any case A+ for creativity. Thank you for sharing.
Misha.

Hi Misha, I sent you a private post as well, but you must be so busy you haven't noticed it. But it is about the fx-discusion. i also sent it to Ray. He answered. But you lent your wife to him (for singing). No way my wife would have done that (but she can't sing).
About the 'airy' sax: I raised the amount of reverb, but more is not what I like. I want it to feel that sax is near you. But it's a matter of taste. But thanks a lot for your nice and well substantiated comment.

Originally Posted By: rayc
Hans,
COOL fun groove, melody and story.
You seem to be hiding behind processing again. Your last track had a strong vocal that wasn't so FX laden.
I saturate my voice in tweaks and FX but that's becasue I have a weak and unpleasant voice. Your natural voice is strong and clear as well as having presence...bolster it with a thickener, and some EQ, send it to the same reverb you send the solo to but keep it minimal.

Hello Ray, have you read the comment from Will? Are you sure you only have an unpleasant voice? No Ray, I like teasing you, but you have done a lot for me, like listening to my vocal tracks of my (possible) new song. And that I really appreciate, like the discussion in the private post too.

So thank you all and have a very nice day today,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130