Quote:

To all the Master RB personel, a Question from a, I won't say it. I found a good harmonica soloist, for first 8 bars, now I want to use it for the solo in the middle of the song and then again at the last 8 bars, I think I know I will have to regenerate it at the other points on different tracks, I think? When I generated the first 8 bars, how do I erase the rest of the track til the end of song? and then insert on the other two tracks in the same fashion, and erase the tracks when not needed. Thanks, hope that makes sense.

Hi Critter!

You don't need 3 separate tracks for the 3 parts. You can put all 3 parts on the same track, separated by silence. (Or you can use 3 tracks. Your choice. Works either way.)

You can do this a couple of different ways. The easy way is to generate the whole track once, then delete just the sections you don't want.

To delete a section, just hilight it by clicking the mouse where you want to start deleting, then hold the mouse button down and drag the cursor to where you want to stop deleting. Then press the DELETE key (or you can click EDIT/CUT/KEEP GAP)

Note: when DELETING, start by deleting a little bit LESS than you need to... leave a little extra for fade-in and fade-out

The other way is to generate each section separately by hilighting the area you want to generate before you select and generate your realtrack. NOTE: When doing it this way it is a good idea to generate a little MORE on both sides of your stop/start points so you can fade in and fade out. In the mix this generally results in a more natural sounding part rather than an abrupt stop and start. But even if you want abrupt beginnings and endings, its a good idea to generate a little more than you need so you can trim it more precisely.

Hope this helps!