And finally, last but not least; Marty, Scott, Janice and Bud and Scott again,

Very nice responds from you. They gave me a good day, thanks to this (otherwise I could have a nice day as well, but this is much safer).

Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
A what a wonderful song, Hans. Love the emotion in your vocal. Really cool the way you brought the sax in. It sounds like the guy was standing there off-mic then sauntered to the front to do his thing --very well. Top-notch production, and no one can sing it better. wink

Hi Marty, Thanks for this to-the-point review! Still I think you and I have to sing some kind of duet.
And the sax; yes I too had that feeling. Some songs give the feeling you're close to them or a band. We have quite a few musicians in our BiaB forum who achieve this. And I believe it is growing. Are the recorded instruments of BiaB improved? Are we improving? Who knows? But in this song the sax came close to that, I agree with you.

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Loved the groove Hans. Very different feel to this song in a good way. Sax was cool. Another super vocal and lyric. Well done..

Hi Scott, I'm happy you liked it. And I am proud of your compliments on the lyrics too. It is always a lot of work to make them. not only in a language that is not your own, but in general. I think next time I should make a song with a great guitar solo. Are you in?

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
We always enjoy hearing John L sing the blues smile
The arrangement on this tune is standout.
The stops, the builds, etc., really keep you engaged.

Your vocals were really good ... no matter how you did it!
Your almost Elevating Blues lyric elevated our mood on a hot, hot day.
And, yep, the blues can make you happy. Thank you.

Enjoyed it!
J&B

Hey Janice and Bud, I'm so happy you mentioned John again. I missed him lately!
What kind words you wrote. I read them to my wife and my youngest son (the older son just became a father, so no time for chit chat). My wife was very pleased. She is calling me John now. My son said something else, but calling me John too. I think he is jealous...
But I was very pleased with the serious parts of your review. I hope Janice will use that elevator-stuff also in her lyrics. While going up!

Originally Posted By: Scott C
I would think a very nice lead guitar would fit in here. :-). I may know someone who could add a bass track as well :-). Maybe on the next one.. ;-)

Hi again, Scott. I am very flattered that you offer your services and those of a bass player. I will accept your offer of course (without a smiley ;-)), although you gave some sleepless nights. I had to think what kind of songs that must be. And... I am already working on a song but there the solo was given to a fiddler. Ray was teaching me on my vocal fx in that one. So I have already one Spirit level around. I let you know soon! and what about Robert?

So, thanks everyone and have a nice weekend soon,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130