I reread this whole thread again last night. There are people here who have very good understand of what they would need to make BIAB truly useful to them. Those changes are not likely to happen very soon or at any time for that matter. Some are not even possible.

I see the the Word "Brent Mason" come up many times. Brent is obviously a skilled country guitar player. But even having said that I don't think we are getting his "A game". To use Brent to the extent he is used in BAIB for many different style of music is simply not logical. Everything turns into a Brent Mason country sound. He over plays many things for no good reason. I like country and the last couple of songs I have posted have been in that style. I do not want him playing on a blues tune because to tell the truth he just does not sound like a blues player. The fact that he is a Grammy award winning musician is less meaningful to me than perhaps some people. Are you really going to promote a song to the public with " featuring Brent Mason on guitar"?

I don't use BIAB to make money or even use music to make money for that matter. It is a fun distraction that has been a lot more useful during the pandemic due to the isolation from all my musical friends. I have never been serious about "home recording" and never will be.

I certainly would be inclined to buy P G Music's latest stuff every year if there were new musicians playing new stuff in whatever genre and if they were able to fix a bunch of limitations just about everyone complains about. I also have no intention of upgrading every year based on the current offerings.
I only upgrade every two or three years as it set now.

I just don't like their DAW, I don't like Pro Tools, and I rarely use Reaper but I own all three and a couple more. I have gone to Studio One from Sonar which I used for a long time and liked as well as anything.

Like Eddie I found session drummer which came in Sonar easy to deal with. Once a midi drum track is developed there are endless sounds that can be applied. Many live drummers have midi triggers on there live drum kits both in a recording environment and live.

There is a huge number of reasons why people buy and use BIAB and a extremely wide variation in in skill level in it's use.

I will continue to use BIAB for what I can get out of it. In the total scheme of things the price is not a material amount of money.

Billy

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo