Hans, thanks for the comments.

Before I forget – I think the "bagpipes" are probably Logic's brass. They have a slow attack and perhaps slightly wobbly pitch; I will look into whether or not that track could be out of tune with the others.

This is so interesting to me, that multiple people find the melody especially "songy", i.e., in need of having sung lyrics.

I suspect that has a lot to do with the quirky way in which I recorded the melody, transforming a vocal into MIDI (see original description.) I bet the "songiness" of this song would be less pronounced if I'd moused in the melody using Logic, or played it on a MIDI keyboard, or recorded an actual guitar.

Anyway, I am really going to look into the idea of finding a verbal collaborator. The inspiration from comments here to do so is much appreciated. Oh, and likewise for the ongoing remix. =8^)

Mark

(This is great, by the way; I uploaded the revision and noted it in this thread really just for the "historical record" and totally did not expect immediate feedback for version 2.0!)