Hi Ray, Bob and TuneMonger,

Thanks a lot for listening to my song and your comments on it.
In my reply above to Ezekiel a.o. I went into details about the topic of the song and the use of Melodyne.
I will not really repeat this here, so I hope you will read that post too!

Originally Posted By: rayc
Really good song Hans.
It's a pity about the term "woke" - it was a messy attempt at a new/trendy meaning and was quickly co-opted to be a derogatory term used by reactionary folk to slap down folk who were more thoughtful and sensitive to the nuances of communication..

I don't read you lyric as reactionary or offensive - you've taken the word according to its currency.
The narrative is cool.
To my ears the Melodyne harmonies are a little loud and add a harshness that isn't in your lead vocal.
The actual harmonies you're arranged work really well though.

Hi Ray, thanks for your compliments. But first about the word 'Woke'. We think alike (on this)! Could you make some cool Punksong ont this topic too? Let Misha's wife sing it with you.
I did some adjustments on my drums (read my answer to Deej), and also on the Harmonies. I don't want them to sound harsh. That was my part. And you are right I am not so tactless or offensive as I sang I was. It was meant to be a bit ironic. The Dutch are 'famous' for their bluntness and tactlessness, that's why I used it.
I appreciate it very much you liked the arrangements on the harmonies. And also very relieved, I must confess...

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Hans,
Another great one! Your vocals and production are really evolving.
Loved it.
Bob

Hello Bob, well, that's some kind of a compliment! Thanks a lot! But you set the bar high for me now...

Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Good song with a good message, and well sung. Nice work!

Hi Tunemonger, what I wrote to Bob also applies to you. Like what you wrote about the message. Thanks, man!

Enjoy the weekend,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130