Hi Marty, Torrey and Misha,

Thanks for listening and replying on the song.
It's always nice to see that 'Woke'songs are still being listened to...

Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Truthfully honest I have deep respect for your ability to create masterpieces out of the ideas that come to you, Hans. I really like how this develops from "an acoustic ballad and becomes a kind of rock ballad" like there is desperation in the message. Very well done.

Hi Marty, I can only say 'wow' on this nice comment of you! It is true, I like it when my songs do that. Some say I often use too many instruments and then yell "keep it simple!", but that's too simple for me. That's why ballads become rock ballads. Thanks Marty!

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
What a good sounding song Hans! Your vocals are emotive and sincere sounding! Super job constructing the band! Everything sounds like it's supposed to be there! Nothing is out of place! Lovely melody happing in those verses! The chorus section is memorable like a good song should be! Great job! Torrey

Hi Torrey, I think I have to say 'wow' again, because of your words. Very nice said! I had some moments of doubt when constructing those harmonies. In the past I tried to make them sound natural, but they always felt a bit unreal. This was my first time I got these harmonies right. I was so happy, I wanted them much more upfront! But luckily I came to my senses again. And your post told me that was a right thing to do. Thanks!

Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Hans,
Very artful and unique vibe on this tune! Good subject. Love the phrasing and harmony on it. And those drums! I wanna! Overall it sounds wholesome. Three listens, can not find anything to bite you with. Solid mix. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

P.S. What did you use for the drums? Ceilings of Sound for Percussion - this?

Hi Misha, just now I saw you made a new song about the sitar. Well done!! And great you had nothing to bite me on my song too! Things are going well, I think. I'm very happy you mentioned the harmonies as something to be loved.

I wrote you about the drums, but for the sake of others who are interested: Yes, I used something that came on my (email) path, the ceilings of sound for percussion. Why I bought it was the way the programm compared the used drums with their database of 'marvellous drums' and apply these settings on your drums. Well, I've seen a lot of drum software and I'm not sure if this one is more special. I am still experimenting with it, but also with Machine3 from Native Instruments. Will be continued...

Have a very nice monday today,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130