Hey, this is kind of an informal poll, of sorts.

I have seen scattered comments here and there about the "official" showcase forum--and some comments make sense. A lot do.

Here is my "short version" of what I think has happened.

The Showcase Forum seems to have turned into a kind of poster-managed, totally egalitarian "PG Radio" place--and a free for all. (Though I wish more than just a few folks made it to PG Radio--but that's a topic for another day.)

So, yes I get it: Band-in-a-Box is a lot of fun, we are still in psychological lockdown, people are bored, they want to show off their stuff, maybe had too much to drink and posted 5 songs in an hour. I get it. It's probably better and safer to post too many user showcase songs in an hour than drive your car into a telephone pole. Way better. So post away!!

BUT--there are some of us who maybe post one or two songs a month who are looking for song construction feedback, or mixing feedback to use on stuff we are putting onto albums and such. So we are not looking for attaboys or pats on the back, just specific tips on what we might do better, among a smaller group of folks who are giving really careful listens to a much smaller batch of songs over the course of a month--with "professional" feedback rules, and a code of conduct, I guess you might say.

I was wondering if anyone else has ever thought of this.

I mean, I love the wild, wild west free for all that is the showcase, don't get me wrong, but I have a REALLY hard time keeping up and filtering because there is SO much stuff. Maybe that is as it should be--kind of like a radio station.

(Maybe some kind of like function would make it easier to listen to a lot of stuff and just say "Hey I enjoyed it!")

But for works in progress, where REAL feedback is sought and asked for (as opposed to hugs and high fives and a really fun night on the town) would it make sense to have a separate forum for songwriting song feedback only???

Hope this makes sense.

Let me know if it does, and if anyone else has ever thought about this.