Originally Posted By: Pipeline
For a 2010 post by RickeG it fell on deaf ears. There are many gems like this if you take a trip back in time. Here we are 11 years later.

"They would not listen, they did not know how. Perhaps they'll listen now." ?
"They would not listen, they're not listening still. Perhaps they never will." ?

If you're saying PG Music had deaf ears, I somewhat disagree. Partial bar/bar to bar regeneration of RealTracks has been possible just using BIAB and no external software since 2014/15 in PC and Mac versions with the introduction of recording audio, editing audio and the Performance Track. With the introduction of recording audio in BIAB, BIAB functionally became a digital multi track recorder and its Audio Editor was as advanced and complete as the editing firmware included with the top end stand alone digital recorders like the Tascam DP-008, DP-03, Dp-24 and DP-32 units and more comprehensive than their hand held recorders. The same applies to Zoom brand units like their R-8, R-16 and R-24 that I've owned in the past.

As you hear at the 0:22 second mark in the 2015 Mac new Record Audio feature introduction, PG Music states BIAB is an "easy to use multi track recorder." In regard to audio editing, and its inclusion into BIAB, existing multi track recording techniques, limitation 'work arounds' and principles used on hardware devices could also be able to be used in BIAB.

Band-in-a-Box for Mac: Recording Audio

With the introduction in 2021 of Utility Tracks, it's easier and more accessible than every before and there's not many instances that audio editing needs to be exported to a DAW or audio editor like Audacity. The audio Track the Utility Tracks and the Audio Editor is a very robust audio recorder/editor.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.