ASIO normally is the driver of choice for recording. The manufacturer provides an ASIO audio driver to reduce audio playback latency, or speed, during the recording process. A good ASIO driver helps the hardware meet the published audio latency specifications. However, sometimes an older ASIO driver does not work well with a newer operating system or program. It is up to the manufacturer to keep their driver up to date and many do; but unfortunately some don't.

When you want to record and ASIO isn't working too good the next best choice is WASPI. RealBand calls WASPI "Windows Audio" so I suspect PowerTrack Pro uses the same name. WASPI is part of the Windows operating system and is meant to replace ASIO when ASIO is not available or doesn't work well. Some manufacturers rely on WASPI and don't supply an ASIO driver.

If you are not recording the best audio driver choice is MME. MME is the most stable of the three audio driver selections RealBand and (I hope) PowerTrack offer. MME trades audio playback speed for system stability.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home