Originally Posted By: Planobilly
You need to first check that there is a proper ground for the electrical system in your new house. A little two-dollar tester will be enough. Different electrical outlets frequently have a different ground reference value. Plug into one plug. Turn off your cell phone. Turn off the lights. Turn off electrical appliances one by one.

Record just the ambient noise to see what you can hear. I can hear my wife talking on the phone downstairs out in the backyard with the door closed.

I am not sure what you are recording. Guitar DI? Microphone? The lowest string on a four-string bass guitar is around 40Hz. Few people can hear above 20K Hz.

Here is a small amount of info you can read https://www.soundonsound.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=64533&start=0.

What sort of floor do you have? Hard or carpet? The high-frequency noise is likely coming from electronics equipment such as a computer monitor.

I have to turn off my AC to record. I have to send my wife to the mall...lol

Billy

I've checked the ground spike is properly connected and well buried but haven't plugged anything into a socket/power point, (as we call them in Australia), yet.

We live in a quiet pot where a car driving down the road is remarked upon. The bush turkey, crows and magpies sing a lot, the trees sussurate a bit and any conversation in the house can be heard throughout...phones...I'd need to send my up the street not to hear her talking into one.
The hump & spike come with balanced and unbalanced cables, dynamic & condensor mics, DI or mic'd guitar. Not being able to hear 20kHz (considered excellent hearing in a youngster,) of the 20Hz doesn't mean they don't have an impact on audio production though - a sub hump can often be the result of DC offset problems and cause a mass of issues.
The monitor is the same as I used in NSW, all gear in the same relative position too, as is all the gear but the new interface, power conditioner and pedal power supply - all bought in an attempt to alleviate the problem.
We don't have AC - yet.
Thanks for the outlet tester suggestion - I'll follow it through.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe