<< The video you linked shows selecting generated audio file sections on a utility track and regenerating those.>>
Yes it does. My answer said "this is exactly how BIAB works today, Just select bars and click regenerate bars." and that is absolutely correct. What's the necessity of doing it on a standard Legacy Track when the program has 16 Utility Tracks that do generate RealTracks?

<< The original request (and subsequent requests) was to select bars on standard RealTracks in the mixer and be able to regenerate just those bars. So, your claim that "this is exactly how BIAB works today" seems not to be quite correct. >>
In 2010 when that specific and all subsequent requests made before this year, Utility Tracks didn't exist.

The narrator tells in the video how BIAB can handle the situation if a user happens to generate a RealTrack on a Legacy Track and it needs to only be partially edited.

<< Furthermore, when I tried to select bars of the utility track in the default chordsheet view it did NOT regenerate just the selected bars. It seems to require that I do my selecting in the Audio window. >>

It's unfair to blame the program for operator error. The video demonstrated exactly how the process works.

<<So, IMHO this is a useful but more complex workaround with its own limitations as Pipeline pointed out. >>

Pipeline's stated that "the soloist dialog it uses does not have direct input option and the Util tracks need to be saved to wav, so like the BBPlugin you are filling the drive with wav files." It's true that Utility Tracks RealPicker dialog does not have the Bluesy, Simple, direct input and Held buttons but that does not create a limitation. RealTracks that have Direct Input and the other buttons can be edited with or without those feature buttons activated and will only render a single WAV file. One file should be an issue and it's necessary to the DAW. Editing tracks in BIAB using the Audio Channel and Utility Tracks reduces the number of files BIAB has to generate for export to a DAW. There's no need to export 5-6 tracks to comp in a DAW when it can be done with a single track in BIAB.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.