That's an interesting concept Pipeline and I can see its value when applied to the Plug-in and if you can generate RealTracks in Reaper but I'm not following how RealTracks generated in the Reaper DAW from RealTrack audio files has any relevance to the subject of this thread about regenerating a RealTrack in BIAB?

Not everybody that uses BIAB uses Reaper or in many cases I'm sure, use any DAW. That means that not every BIAB user uses the Plug-in either. I agree that if you edit the audio construction of a track to completion in BIAB that it must be saved as a WAV in DAW but that's editing that doesn't have to be done in the DAW, just mixed. That's no different than if a mix engineer/producer gets stems from recordings made in another studio.

When you generate a RealTrack in Reaper does it also generate the MIDI like BIAB does on its Legacy and Utility Tracks?

When you use Reaper to generate a RealTrack can you generate multiple sections of the highlighted region in a row of both audio and midi, audition and hear them instantly, select your favorite clip from the multiple generations like the narrator does at the 3:43 mark in the introduction video and have that same ability to undo and redo multiple times?

Having the midi generated with each edited regeneration is important to BIAB users that use the Notation, Piano Roll, Audio Editor, Lead Sheet, Fake Sheet, Guitar Window and the Big Piano. Using the Copy/Move command, a user can choose whether to include all midi, some midi or no midi along with the audio clip.

I'm also unclear to how you're defining non-destructive and destructive audio editing in BIAB. The BIAB Audio Editor has multiple Undo/redo capability and I've never encountered what I would define as a destructive edit. Cut, paste, gain change, fade in, fade out, normalize, delete, silence, insert silence, generate, regenerate, convert channels, harmonize, transpose, fix tuning and fix sour notes can all be applied to the audio and undone if desired.

I appreciate your input and agree that if implemented it would be a great benefit to many users and to the BIAB program but I don't see it making a difference or affecting the current generating, regeneration or audio editing in BIAB.

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 08/29/21 04:10 PM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.