"any relevance to the subject" If I generate a RT or RD in Reaper it is instant and I can regenerate any section "Isolate what measures to re-generate".
Biab tracks are in RAM maybe that is why this has never been implemented ? maybe it's too hard to do ? I don't know, but I can do it easy in Reaper.

I said way back to re-write Biab 64bit more like a DAW so users can stay in Biab and got a lot of flack but this is the way it's going.
I'm not saying to use Reaper instead of Biab this is not a competition, but what Reaper can do there is no reason that Biab can't do the same.
It is not a problem to generate both audio and midi from source files in Reaper.

"When you use Reaper to generate a RealTrack.." yes you can do all that, but why not make Biab do what Reaper can do. Look at smooth seek in Reaper that would work great in Biab for smooth transitions from any section to another or for live chord input like an arranger keyboard.

" Cut, paste, gain change, fade in, fade out, normalize, delete, silence, insert silence, generate, regenerate, convert channels, harmonize, transpose, fix tuning and fix sour notes can all be applied to the audio and undone if desired. "
Reaper will do all that and leave the original file intact
D:\bb\RealTracks\Bass, Acoustic, Bossa Ev 110\bs1266.wav
you can't go go back to any undo you like in Biab, you can't come back the next day and undo, that is destructive the audio is destroyed.

All the ideas I push and research time I put in is to make Biab RB BBPlugin better, not to give up and just use Reaper smile
As I said look at the DAW VST ver 3.0 video demo it looks professional, not from PG, there was a hell of a lot of pushing, effort and fighting to get it there.